It seems a lot of OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users have had trouble flashing the new OOS 4.0 and getting it rooted without getting the dm-verity error on the new file system, F2FS.
Please note the changes for 3T highlighted in red, and use the appropriate commands for your device.
What you need beforehand:
- A freshly flashed OnePlus 3/T with OOS 4.0 and the Stock recovery. If you get the dm-verity message you have to reflash the stock recovery first boot into fastboot and flash it via “adb flash recovery recovery_OBT8N.img” (without the quotes) and then from within the recovery select ADB sideload and on your computer enter into the terminal “adb sideload OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_035_all_1612310359_e10cadfb2af7.zip” (change for 3T)
- ADB and Fastboot: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
- SuperSu: https://download.chainfire.eu/1017/SuperSU/SR1-SuperSU-v2.79-SR1-20161221223537.zip
- TWRP (Modded blu_spark v3.0.2-1.28) https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=21835
- Reboot your OP3/T to fastboot and connect it to your pc
- On your computer type into the command line while you are in the folder you placed your recovery: “fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-1.28-oneplus3.img” without the quotes.
- When it asks to write to your system click ‘Read only’ and type the following command without quotes: “adb push SR1-SuperSU-v2.79-SR1-20161221223537.zip /”
- Now into TWRP choose Install and go to the root there you find the SuperSu file at the bottom flash it and reboot
- The reboots again don’t interrupt this process.
If everything worked you should be booted into a freshly rooted OOS 4.0 with no dm-verity error message.
Hopefully, this will help more OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T get on the new OOS 4.0 that runs Android 7.0 Nougat. OnePlus officially started rolling out an OTA on December 31, 2016, but a full rollout typically takes a few weeks. You can use the above described method to flash your phone to the new OS version.
Thanks for reading our work! Please bookmark 1redDrop.com to keep tabs on the hottest, most happening tech and business news from around the world. On Apple News, please favorite the 1redDrop channel to get us in your news feed.