T-Mobile has announced a pretty good deal for customers over 55 years, and it might be its best one so far. The new plan allows people aged 55 and above to enjoy two lines with unlimited data for $60, all inclusive.
Earlier, T-Mobile released several offers for younger customers, like videos not counting towards data caps, free things every week with T-Mobile Tuesdays and so on. The recent theme – the newest of its kind – is a pretty good deal for those over 55.
To break down the offer, customers over 55 pay $50 for the first line. The second person (no age constraint) can just pay an additional $10 to qualify for lower rates, for which the customer has to enroll in AutoPay. They then get unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE, as well as T-Mobile ONE perks such as international support in Mexico and Canada, Gogo Inflight WiFi, and more.
Here are some of the additional T-Mobile ONE benefits you get with this plan:
- Simple Global: unlimited text and data roaming and low flat-rate calling in 140+ countries and destinations
- Mobile Without Borders: talk, text and surf in Mexico and Canada like you’re at home
- Gogo Inflight: get unlimited texting all flight long and 1 free hour of smartphone Wi-Fi on all Gogo-equipped domestic flights
- DIGITS: use your T-Mobile number on compatible phones, tablets and PCs, and use multiple numbers on one device
- Mobile Hotspot: connect all your devices to the internet with included tethering data
- Un-contract: only you have the power to change the price you pay
- Carrier Freedom: T-Mobile helps cover your switching costs
- T-Mobile Tuesdays: get thanked with free stuff every week just for being a customer
Normally, the cost of a single line is $70 under a temporary promotion and $100/month for two lines, while the regular two lines cost $120. The real discount comes with two lines as in the single connection; the discount is $20.
Looks like the promotion is designed with some thought to the current demographic makeup in the United States. A report says that there are around 93 million Americans in the U.S, aged over 55, and most of them use smartphones. On average, it is said that a person spends 149 minutes a day on their smartphone, mostly connected with their families and friends. Above all, baby boomers are mostly long-term and loyal wireless customers, stuck in the past with not many promotions available to them.
The new T-Mobile One Unlimited 55+ plan is expected to be available in local retail stores, online and T-Mobile stores starting August 9th.