After a bout of sickness last week, “Supergirl” actor Jeremy Jordan took to Instagram and blamed Chipotle for his trouble.
Pale-looking and with an IV line running to his arm, Jordan claimed:
“I know I’ve advocated for them in the past, but they’re terrible. I, as you can see, am in the hospital and I have fluids in my arm because the food did not agree with me and I almost died.”
Chipotle has been going through a prolonged spell of food safety issues since an E Coli outbreak in 2015.
That and other incidents have put the burrito maker in a difficult position in terms of regaining its diners’ faith.
Any food safety scares at this point are going to reflect poorly on the company’s image and consumer perception, and Jordan’s claims certainly don’t help.
Jordan went on Instagram to say that it was Chipotle’s fault that he got sick last week, according to People.com.
Chipotle spokesman Chris Arnold, in a subsequent email statement to CNNMoney, stated that the company had investigated the situation and concluded that “we can’t confirm any link to Chipotle.”
Chipotle also confirmed that “there have been no other reported claims of illness at the restaurant where he dined.”
Hey, thanks for visiting! We’re just a small team working extra-hard to help you cut to the chase on the most important news from around the world, so we’d appreciate your help spreading the word. Come join us on: Facebook and Twitter