An outdated website will lead to a lack of trust in your business, which can result in a high bounce rate, small revenue, and a poor reputation. To attract many customers and increase your sales, you may need to make various alterations to your site to create a forward-thinking image.
If you want to wow every customer that lands on your homepage, here are three ways to modernize your website in 2019.
- Incorporate Artificial Intelligence
Innovative brands understand the important role artificial intelligence is set to play in online stores, which is why many entrepreneurs are taking the time to incorporate the technology into their websites. Oberlo stated it is one of the most influencing economic trends, as spending is expected to reach $7.3 billion per annum by 2022.
Prime examples of artificial intelligence can include:
- Automated marketing platforms
- Machine learning (make marketing predictions based on consumer behavior)
So, if you want to streamline processes and improve the customer service experience, introduce the above AI technologies into your website.
- Improve the User Experience
The user experience (UX) relates to how easy or hard it is for visitors to use your website, such as page navigation and load speed. The UX could determine whether a potential customer buys from your business or looks elsewhere. For example, more than half of internet users reportedly expect a website to load within 2 seconds. Any longer and they might be tempted to click away from your site.
To improve your website’s UX, you should:
- Improve your site’s page speed (Leverage browser caching, optimize images, and enable compression, etc.)
- Build a mobile-friendly website
- Provide an easy-to-navigate site (create a clear menu and develop a clean layout)
- Add clear call to actions
- Optimize Your Website for SEO
If you are struggling to drive traffic to your website, it could be because you haven’t embraced search engine optimization (SEO) practices into your website. The tactics ultimately make it simple for the likes of Google and Bing to find your website and recommend your site for specific keywords and phrases. The higher your website ranks in the search engines, the greater your online visibility and traffic will be.
To optimize your site for the search engines, you must:
- Place strategic keywords and phrases within your web content
- Develop sitemaps for the search engines
- Create meta tags and descriptions
- Write keyword-based article titles
- Generate powerful backlinks to your website
- Update your site with fresh, unique blog content
The above tactics will ensure you rank at the top of the search results, which can increase your brand awareness and may encourage visitors to explore your site.
Business owners must set time aside to update and review their website, which will ensure it is fresh, modern, and easy-to-use for its visitors. By doing so, you shouldn’t be surprised if you experience greater custom, a lower bounce rate, and a bigger annual revenue, which could ensure your company’s growth and longevity.