The Microsoft Windows Server is the most widely used operating system today. The ease of use and its valuable up-to-date features make it popular within organizations and among individuals. No wonder every professional should always have updated skills to run these systems. And the Microsoft 70-417 exam is meant to help you upgrade your skills to work with Windows Server 2012 and meet the requirements of the current IT market to stay competitive and grow professionally.
Let’s find out why you need to advance your skills and how you can prepare for the exam.
Who Should Take Exam 70-417?
Microsoft has always made it a priority to ensure their OS meets the market requirements. That’s why there have been upgrades to some of the previous Windows Server systems. As a professional, you also need to ensure your skills go hand-in-hand with these latest updates. With MS-900 exam, Microsoft helps you to advance your skills and achieve the qualification that grants you the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification if you have any of the following credentials:
- Windows Server XP,
- Windows Server 2000,
- Windows Server 2003,
- Windows Server 2008.
For other candidates who want to earn this badge but don’t have such an experience, there are three required exams that are 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412.
Exam 70-417 Details
So, if you are a certified person with one of the abovementioned badges, you need to sit for only 1 test – 70-417. This exam comprises the topics tested in all three tests, making it easier for you to achieve the MCSA badge in Windows Server 2012. This saves you time and money you’d have used for the three exams if you took them separately. But regardless of the amount of the assessments, before you sit for the test, you’re anyway required to study its objectives.
This MCSA exam focuses on helping you validate your skills in implementing the core infrastructural services of Windows Server 2012. It includes 40-60 questions where candidates will have 120 minutes to take. The formatting of the questions is varied and might include the types such as case studies, build list, best answer, multiple-choice, active screen, short answer, and review screen. If you get 700 points and above in the test, you qualify for the MCSA. A fee of $165 is part of the exam 70-417 registration requirements.
Reasons to Pass the 70-417 Test
As you prepare to get the required grades in the exam, bear in mind the advantages this will bring your way once you pass it. Knowing the benefits should actually push you to work harder. Here’s how you’re going to win if you take this exam seriously:
- You earn a demanded MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification;
- The MCSA credential is a demonstration of the verified skills by worldly recognized IT vendor, making you a valuable employee and increasing your chances of being hired quickly;
- Provides you the choice to accept the offer that suits you most and discuss the conditions you’d like to work in;
- It shows how prepared you’re to take up your role as a systems administrator, computer network specialist, or server administrator;
- Getting the passing score or above in 70-417 exam will encourage you to pursue the things in your life that you’ve always been afraid to go for;
- You secure your job as you possess the most relevant skills to work with the Windows Server 2012. In addition, now you are able to complete the tasks quickly and effectively;
- Passing the exam indicates your commitment to your IT career;
- By upgrading your skills, you avoid the pitfalls that come with staying with the same competencies until they become irrelevant;
- Advanced skills imply better job paying opportunities. The average yearly salary of professionals with the latest MCSA skills is $74,000 as given by PayScale;
- Passing the exam is self-satisfying and helps tick off one goal off your list;
- With the certification, there’s no limit to how far you can advance in your studies and career. The next step to take after getting your certification is to pursue advanced skills through the MCSE: Core Infrastructure credential.
By looking at these benefits, you’ll understand why you need to get completely ready for this 70-417 exam. You can’t leave this aspect of the test to chance. Read further to understand how you can prepare yourself for the most critical part of your IT profession.
How to Prepare for Exam 70-417
No worthwhile goal can be achieved without commitment. And this includes getting ready for a technical-based exam like this one. Once you know the benefits of taking this test, take your time to go through Microsoft’s website to know the exam 70-417 objectives and other important details. And after, you should consider choosing the resources that will help you in building the knowledge and the skills you need.
So, which study sources will help you ace this exam as you attempt it that first time? Here are the options to use:
- Official Microsoft Expert-led training course,
- Microsoft’s Press Exam Ref 70-417,
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 Complete Guide on Amazon,
- Prepaway Premium Bundle with a video course, study guide, and practice test.
As you organize yourself to get these resources and begin your studies, don’t forget how important it is to have a plan you’re going to follow. Prepare a schedule that captures all the topics to study in this exam. It should also reflect how and when to cover them, and when you expect to complete your revision. This will ensure you focus your eyes on the prize so that you can win with great marks in the end.
How Practice Tests Can Help You Pass Exam 70-417
If you want to understand what the actual 70-417 exam is like, then you can’t afford to miss practice tests in your plan. These tests are a collection of questions with correct answers provided by real exam takers that are intended to help you cover all the exam’s objectives. Thus, at Prepaway you’ll find a valuable collection of updated exam dumps for the 70-417 test. If you need more options, get the 70-417 Premium Bundle that contains the expert verified materials. Note, that for $39,97 you can gain all three items, which include a file, a training course, and a study guide, or purchase each of them separately.
To add more, to open the files provided on the website, you’ll be using the VCE Exam Simulator. This educational tool helps you simulate the real experience of taking a 70-417 test.
Ensuring your Windows Server skills stay valid and relevant is the only way to remain afloat in the competitive IT job market. Embrace the latest knowledge by taking the Microsoft 70-417 exam and earning a related certification. To obtain this MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential, you must use study resources like practice tests, study guides, and training courses among others. Achieving it is possible only when you know what you want, so remind yourself about the benefits you’ll receive and then go for it!