Technological trends have a great impact on the business processes and this is mainly due to the constant evolution in technology. Therefore, businesses have taken conscious steps towards adopting these latest technological trends for numerous positive reasons, which we will address as we go along.
So, as a business what does that mean for you? It all boils down to the fact that to stay ahead of the pack, a business has kept up with current technology trends while having an eye on the future. As a business, you have to allow yourself to be constantly learning, not only out of desire but a necessity.
Through thorough research, the bestybesty.com writing team has come up with a few technology trends you as a business should look out for, especially if you intend to make it flourish in 2020.
By definition, Ai is simply intelligence demonstrated by machines. In other words, it is the ability or capability of a machine or computer to simulate human intelligence.
It is believed that by integrating AI into business strategies and processes, the named business will have a better capacity to obtain or sustain a competitive advantage above the rest. AI algorithms are built on inductively learning by the constant analysis of data. Now, as a business, you understand how important data is. And it is mainly for this reason, business leaders are regularly investing in AI and continuously build information infrastructures.
Some cited advantages of AI are:
1. Around the clock availability. Unlike humans, machines do not require breaks that may interfere with work processes
2. Daily applications – the best examples that can be given are Siri by IoS, Cortana by Windows, GPS navigation and tracking. All these examples of applications are built and centered on Artificial Intelligence.
3. Digital Assistance – these days’ avatars are used to interact with customers and aid them to tackle the challenges they may be facing.
4. Handling repetitive jobs – business processes of this nature that are considered tedious to humans. And because these jobs require little intelligence in between the processes, AI algorithms are tasked to perform these jobs.
5. Medical Applications- AI and robotics have been of great assistance in the advancement of the medical field. Like monitoring neurological disorders as a treatment for mentally sick patients who have suffered from depression, radiosurgery (which has helped with the removal of tumors without damage to surrounding tissues).
6. Explorations that are hazardous to humans, especially in the fields of mining and explosives.
7. The rate of accuracy is higher with a greater degree of precision.
This is defined as making data easily accessible to users from wherever they may be; as long as they have an internet connection. As a business, you should integrate cloud computing into your processes for the following reasons:
· Cloud computing offers storage by backing up files for easy access and sharing and the capability to sync across all devices.
· Cloud backup – in the scenario of a computer crash, cyber-attack or data loss. Cloud storage offers a backup source.
· Use the web to provide a service, for example, Google Apps, Microsoft 365, Salesforce, QuickBooks online. These platforms that offer services are called SaaS (Software as a Service)
· Cloud Hosting – Information can be shared using email services, application hosting, and web-based phone systems and data storage.
Advantages of cloud computing to a business are as follows:
1. Value for money. All businesses are on the look-out for investments that provide value without breaking the bank. Cloud computing is one of those investments because it saves a business on space, physical security insurance and the on-going costs of maintenance.
2. Flexibility in business operations. Cloud computing offers businesses and their employees the opinion to work remotely. This is based on the fact that assignments can be accessed and submitted via internet tools and from any device. This has a positive impact on the work culture.
3. Cloud computing promotes environmentally friendly practices. By omitting processes like printing, a business reduces carbon footprint because there are no physical servers or equipment that need to be powered off or cooled.
4. Ability to scale. With the growth of the Internet of Things, a business will be faced with more data to collect, giving them a better position to scale and grow.
Internet of Things (IoT)
According to the Guardian, the Internet of Things is simply defined as the process of connecting devices over the internet, letting them talk to us, applications and each other.
A perfect demonstration of this process is using Google maps to monitor the intensity of traffic during a sudden rainfall. These real-time updates can then be sent to your car’s navigation system without you needing to do anything. As a business, integrating IoT technology into your business process for the following reasons:
1. Increase in business opportunities
2. Enhanced asset utilization
3. Efficient Business processes
4. Improved Safety and Security
5. Increased productivity
A business that infuses technology into its business processes has the advantage of doing things in a bigger, better and faster manner. Something that would be impossible without technology.
Here are some advantages of technological trends to a business:
1. Better communication processes with customers. The rate at which businesses with their customers determine its failure or success. Employees should strive to communicate in a speedy and clear manner with all their clients over all the businesses’ touchpoints.
2. Better and more efficient business operations. Businesses can save time and money by infusing operations that promote efficiency. Some technological operations that can be used are; QuickBooks for cash flow, Zoom or Skype for Virtual meetings, etc.
3. Improved business culture. Technology aids employees to be used to work off-site, submit projects or proposals, virtually. Ruling out unnecessary pressures that may affect their performance negatively.4. Enhanced Security practices. With the emergence of technological trends, businesses have had the opportunity to upgrade their business processes to protect their data, files, and clients.
4. Enhanced Security practices. With the emergence of technology trends, businesses have had the opportunity to upgrade their business processes to protect their data, files, and clients.